Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Split Pea Soup

It seems like my motivation to post so far has come from someone leaving. Friday was Stephanie's very last day at work so we planned to have lunch. What I didn't tell her was that I had invited the boys to join us. So, I left work, picked up Panera for us and left the boys in the cafeteria with the food. She was pleasantly surprised when she came around the corner.



She looks extremely distraught at our parting but...  it was all just an act. I think her true calling was Hollywood, not dietetics ;)
I'm so glad we got to do something fun on her last day. Makes me wonder what in the world my last day is going to be like. I think I'll probably just fade off into the sunset...


So... The three pea stew is now resembling split pea soup. All three of us in our respective states. In a few weeks it will be my turn to pack it all up and head North. I'm anxious for some reasons, nervous for others and excited for all of it.

This last couple of weeks and especially the last 2 days have been very strange without my partners in crime there with me. I've reached for the phone to call their extensions, or opened a draft email before I realize that their email accounts don't exist and neither one of them are sitting at ANY of the extensions in the hospital. Weird. I'll have to get use to it I guess. Only 24 days until it's MY last day. I still can't believe it.

Steph: Enjoy your roadtrip. I'll be thinking about you. I can't wait to hear about everything new!

Love from the littlest pea to the rest of the stew/soup :)

No comments:

Post a Comment