Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ronery

Now that two peas have left the pod, dearest Casslyn is solo. BUT she is not alone.

Only one week away from home, I am already feeling a tad homesick. For the first time in... God knows how many years, I've had time off and am dying to spend time with friends and family but they are ~450 miles away. I feel like I didn't get enough time to cherish being home, seeing family, and eating with friends. I, however, am very grateful for wonderful roommates and if I lived alone, I would have died from roneriness already.

And then I think about how much of a baby I'm being because I'm only one state away.

Monday is the day! I should have a better idea of what I'll be doing for the next few months and possible for the next year. I'm a bit nervous, but it definitely helps that I get to start with the two girls I've been getting to know over the past week, which reduces the anxiety a bit. Here's hoping my director is nice! And I'm glad I'll be getting food service out of the way first.

I'm looking forward to hearing stories from Stephanie's road trip to Texas!

<3,

Yours Truly

1 comment:

  1. I totally didn't see this, Ashley you're the bravest one of the group! One state is still far enough to be missed/loved/appreciated- Just know that is what you are:)

    ReplyDelete